What are Blackheads?
Our Skin consists of pores exactly the same way as we have hair on our head. These pores are so tiny that we cannot view them from the naked eye. This is why the skin needs regular cleaning and maintaining skin pores. Just below these pores the Sebaceous glands are situated in the skin. Sebaceous glands secrete oily,waxy substance called Sebum, to lubricate the skin. These glands occur on few places on the body such as the eyelids, nose, cheeks, chin etc.
Eventually our Skin always comes in contact with the air of the atmosphere, rather oxygen. Moreover the dead skin cells pile up with the oil secreted in the follicle. Thus the collection of oil and dead skin cells on our face clogs the pores and they tend to block the pore openings. The portion of this piled mass which is exposed to air or oxygen in the air darkens with time. This happens due to the presence of Melanin within the cells which leads to the darkening of this clogged mass. Consequently these dark colored tiny spots are called Blackheads. Hence these blackheads are not because of dirt,they are rather due to the oxidation process.
Since the secreatory or the Sebaceaous glands occur near the eyelids, nose, cheeks, chin etc. and some other parts of the body, therefore blackheads are frequent in these places.
Blackheads can turn up at any age but teenagers are more prone to it because of the various hormonal changes occuring in them. The gland secreates more dense oil,which advances in forming a plug on the pore.
According to the dermatologists keeping our skin clean and healthy regularly can help prevent formation of these Blackheads. Since these spots are only the mass of oxidated oil and dead skin cells which does not allow the oil to drain out. This can further lead to problems like acne. Because when the oil drainage outlet is blocked it percolates in the skin resulting in enlarging the gland, breaking the skin and forming an ugly acne pimple.
Best Way To Get Rid Of Blackheads
Blackheads spell nightmares for every beauty conscious woman on earth. They come and ruin every attempt that you make in sporting a clean and fresh look irrespective of whether you are using make-up or not. Remember, there are many home remedies that help you get rid of the excess oil from your face. But these remedies only help in preventing blackheads from appearing. They don’t exactly help in getting rid of them once they have made their gritty appearance. Yes, we are talking of how to get rid of them gradually. In this article, some of the most effective ways of getting rid of blackheads have been discussed. You got to try each one of them and decide for yourself, which one would be the Best Way To Get Rid Of Blackheads for you.
Honey: Considered as an universal cleaner, honey packs or simple pat-downs can rejuvenate your skin thoroughly. However, the dryness that honey causes helps to remove blackheads fast. For starters, it draws the excess grime, dirt, and oil from the pores. The tissues around the blackhead and those lying underneath it experience lack of blood flow due to the presence of an extra weight on them. Honey acts by helping these tissues regain their strength and push out the excess oil in their pores. The thicker the honey is, the better its action will be. Many skin experts suggest that the user must not wash their face or pat it wet before applying the honey. This is indeed important since your dry skin will react better to the action of honey, than your wet skin will.
Clay Packs: Cosmetic clay are manufactured to ensure that tight packs made from them thoroughly cleanse layers of your ski. Using a cosmetic clay pack every weekend definitely keeps away blackheads. But if you are already upset with the way blackheads are appearing, localize your application of the clay pack. Apply solely on the blackhead affected region as frequently n the day as you can afford to. This will keep any further oil from accumulating and dry away the blackhead, one layer at a time. It takes hardly 15 to 20 minutes to dry and if you have added rosewater and vinegar into the mask, then the blackheads get busted almost instantaneously.
Microdermabrasion : Scrubbing or exfoliation is important to keep the dirt from entering those already dark pores. Remember, you have to use basic home remedies like milk or baking soda to achieve this. The lactic acid content of milk actually dissolves away any remnants of extra oil on your face. Using buttermilk has also turned out to be useful as it has higher lactic acid content. Remember, microdermabrasion need not always be a clinical process. Keep the skin in good health by regularizing this practice if you find too frequent blackhead appearance on your face.
Egg White Mask: According to us, this is the Best Way To Get Rid Of Blackheads. The smell can make you faint. Yes we know that. But the results can make you fly high. You need to know that. For egg whites have the unique protein affinity that quickly give back to your skin what it loses in its struggle to fight pollution and make up each day – its lipid content. And blackheads do not exist for even a moment after they have been subjected to egg white treatment. One layer of egg white on your face needs roughly fifteen minutes to dry out completely. Start by applying one layer and letting it dry. Follow by a second layer and allow the whole pack to dry out completely. After this has happened, your face will feel very, very tight. Do not wash the egg white off. Instead use a scrub cloth or a warn wash cloth to scrub the egg white masses off your skin. The blackheads disappear instantly and actually leave your skin porcelain shiny.
Skin types differ from person to person. And when you are trying out these remedies, your skin type will decide which of these works best for you. Only when you have followed the instructions properly and ensured that no step is ignored will you be able to correctly decide as to which will be the best way to get rid of blackheads for your skin type.
Picking blackheads or squeezing them is the most common means of removing those hideous black spots usually found on top of the nose. However famous this method is, it is not the recommended way of removing blackheads as it can scar or damage your skin. I know you are still going to squeeze them out despite all the caution and the warnings so I will share with you a secret I got from my mom. Here is a safe way to pick out those blackheads.
Picking Blackheads Made Easy
I’ve been told that picking blackhead will only make them multiply. This method can also scar your skin. But I know that you are too stubborn (like me and the blackheads LOL) to even heed this warning so here goes the steps to safely picking your blackheads:
- Gently cleanse your face with warm water.
- Put a warm cloth or towel over your face. Leave it on for about 10 minutes or so.
- Using a soft towel, pat dry your face. Never rub the towel to your face to avoid any infections.
- Press downward then upward toward your blackheads.
- Do this not more than twice as it will cause scarring.
- Remove the picked blackhead with tissue. If you were not successful enough to remove the entire blackhead, continue this blackhead picking method some other time, in two or three days. Remember never to pick more than twice.
- Apply your typical skin care treatment afterwards.
These steps are proven effective. However, picking blackheads is not the best way to remove your blackheads. As usual, the maxim “prevention is better than cure” is applicable in this scenario. Picking blackheads only addresses the problem on the surface but not its root so I am sure that there are better ways to not get blackheads. The long term solution is to keep your skin healthy. Here’s the better thing to do.
- Have your lifestyle checked. Monitor the food you are eating, drinking and even your habits as these are factors.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Hydrate yourself by drinking plenty of fluids.
- Stay out of the sun. Use sunscreen if you do.
- Reduce your cosmetics use. Use natural products as much as possible.
- If ever get extremely stubborn blackheads, consult your dermatologist before applying anything to your face.
Picking blackheads is only a temporary and surface level solution. The key here is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and expect that your blackheads and other skin problems will be out of your life for good.
Squeezing blackheads may be the easiest way to get rid of those ugly marks on your face, but the truth is, it is certainly not the best! In fact, by doing so, you could be causing even more damage to your skin, like scars and infections that you can live without.
That being said, it must also be mentioned that squeezing blackheads may be a solution to your problem, but only if it is done in the right manner. If done haphazardly and without proper knowledge on how to go about it, squeezing blackheads may leave your skin in worse condition than before.
The first and foremost thing to remember when you are getting ready to squeeze the blackheads on your face is to make sure that your hands and face are as clean as possible. Your regular soap will not do in this case; instead use a good quality antibacterial soap and wash your hands thoroughly.
Next, take a mild face wash and clean your face of all traces of makeup, sweat and grime. Follow up the cleansing routine with a good face scrub, all the better if it contains apricots. Once your face has been cleansed and scrubbed clean, all the dead skin cells from your face disappear, and the blackheads will be clearly visible, hence squeezing them out will become easier.
Next, steam your face with a face steamer or a bowl of hot water. The steam will make your face warm but make sure you can bear the heat your face should not get burned in the process. The steaming should be done just for a couple of minutes, which will be sufficient to loosen up the blackheads. If you are not comfortable with the idea of steaming your face, you can get the same effect by placing a warm compress against your face for a few minutes.
Now the process of squeezing blackheads starts. First, place two fingers around each blackhead and put gentle pressure for one minute. Make sure your skin does not feel pinched. Immediately get back to the steamer or the warm compress and repeat the steaming process for a few minutes. Go back to gently squeezing the blackheads with your fingers once again. Alternate between these two steps, till the blackheads are loose enough and you are able to squeeze them out properly. If done properly as per these guidelines, squeezing blackheads should be quite an easy thing to do. Try it.
Natural Blackhead Remover
Do you have problems with blackheads? I understand that the common advices you get from your friends are over the counter products that promise to clear your face of them. There’s a natural way to easily remove them though. A natural blackhead remover can be made with no trouble. You don’t believe me do you? I had the same reaction when one of my friends shared with me this tip. You better try this natural remover for yourself and see your blackheads gradually disappear.
This natural blackhead remover aims to get rid of blackheads and clean the inner layers of your skin. To do this, you will need the following ingredients:
- Baking soda – adds a coarse texture to the blackhead remover. This will give the blackhead remover its scrubbing quality. It is strong enough to remove the blackheads but gentle enough not to irritate the skin. Definitely perfect for exfoliating! Any regular baking soda will do.
- Fresh herbs – herbs such as cinnamon, coriander, fenugreek and turmeric are popular for their anti-bacterial properties. Moreover, these herbs stop irritations because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Honey – if you have been looking around on this site, then you will definitely know that honey is one ingredient that is used in skin care. Honey can be a moisturize and it can clean the skin. Using honey on your skin will make you less prone to getting blackheads in the future.
- Milk or vinegar – both contain alpha-hydroxy acids that remove the blackheads by gently removing the dead skin cells. These acids also prevent blackheads from coming back. Apple, blackberry, grape, orange and tomato juices also contain these acids so you may use them as substitutes for milk or vinegar.
Remember that you should invest in high quality ingredients or else your skin will greatly suffer. Do you have all the ingredients you need? If so, let’s start making it. Here are the steps:
- Select your alpha-hydroxy acid source. It can be any of the fruit juices, milk or vinegar. Fill your jar to almost ¾ of the jar.
- Choose the herbs that you want to add in your blackhead remover. Add a few teaspoons of fresh herbs to your jar. You can add all of the herbs or just one.
- Refrigerate your jar for about one week. Shake it twice a day every day.
- Separate the herbs from the liquid after a week of keeping it in your fridge. Put your liquid base in another jar.
- Add in a tablespoon of baking soda and a tablespoon of honey to the liquid and shake well.
Apply your blackhead remover using a cotton ball. Rinse thoroughly after leaving your remover for about 10 minutes. Use the concoction as often as you want to make the remover more effective. Remember to shake well before using. Refrigerate it at all times too. This effective natural blackhead remover is within your reach. Try this remover. It will work for you.
Unique Method to get rid of Blackheads
Blackheads, the ugly black blemishes on your nose that any of your acne creams cannot seem to take care of. And to make it even worse, they spread like epidemic from your nose and reach your chin and everywhere else. These blackheads on nose are tougher than those pimples to get rid of. They are impossible to pop since they are so small, and squeezing them hard leaves scar like red marks on your face which is even worse.
These blackheads on nose makes us worry more than anything else, and I used to be quiet clueless about what to do about them until I discovered some easy ways to get rid of blackheads on nose. Firstly relax; these blackheads are only visible to your naked eyes and not others until they are too close to your face that is only when they first appear. So all you need to do is act fast. The more you delay the more they get bad. There can be plenty of bad instructions over the net regarding how to get rid of blackheads. Don’t believe and try them blindly. While facial masks and scrubs offer you a shirt term relief, they don’t seem to go a longer way for treating these ugly black rascals. Not only this, but the chemicals present in these store bought products can irritate your skin.
Many might advocate the idea of pore strips just because they provide an instant solution to the problem. This process is like miniature waxing. The dirt will go off the surface but still remain in the deeper layers. This might be a handy emergency solution but do not get used to this technique. These strips can’t also be used on sunburnt, irritated or dry skin. But in case you have no other option left and have a party to go to at night, then I suggest that take some time to moisturise your skin during the day and then use these strips and treat it as a momentary relief.
Chemical treatment which promises a permanent solution can have some serious allergic reactions on your skin. I am going to reveal a holistic remedy to permanently get rid of blackheads without have to undergo any sort of torture on your skin. The core reason for blackheads is oil and dirt. If you can keep your skin pores clean then let me assure you that your battle is almost won. Maintain a cleansing regime at the end of each day, and be regular with it. Follow the routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising religiously. Choose a water based cleanser it is easier to wash away. Find a toner which suits your skin type. Choose the moisturiser wisely; if you have an oily skin use a light moisturiser and in case you have dry skin use a thicker moisturiser. This regime will help to keep dirt and oil from clogging up your skin pores. These clogged up dirt when oxidises in the pores of your skin gives rise to blackheads. Only a little bit of care can avoid the vicious cycle of blackheads reappearing.
Banishing Blackheads: The Complete Remedy
Blackheads can be very annoying as they cause unwanted blemishes on your face. Getting rid of blackheads can be a real task. So I am hereby going to share some great ideas which will help you to get rid of blackheads on nose. Before going about getting rid of blackheads, we must know what blackheads are. Blackheads are one kind of acne known as acne vulgaris where it looks like a blackened plug on the skin. These blackheads form due to clogged up dirt and oil in the skin pores. So if you do not follow a cleansing schedule regularly, here are high chances that you might blackheads on nose. The clogged up pores on the skin have keratin which when gets oxidised by the natural oils in them turns into a blackhead.
To prevent blackheads on nose you must avoid skin care products which are not thick or greasy. They tend to clog the skin pores more, restricting it from free breathing. Always, and remember always cleanse your skin, use a water based cleanser preferably. They are more skin friendly, in case you have a sensitive skin. Pick the right kind of moisturiser for your skin type; if you have an oily skin then use a moisturiser with aloe vera and if you have dry skin use an oily moisturiser. Getting the right kind of moisturiser is important as it helps to nourish the skin, however over moisturising leads to oily face and blackheads and pimples. In case your skin becomes excessively oily, soak up the extra oil with a face tissue or just splash your face with some water. And the most important point is to exfoliate dead skin layer from your face. The deposition of dead skin on the pores of your skin is a major reason of blackheads; this also makes your skin look dull. You should scrub your face with natural exfoliants regularly to have a smooth blackheads free skin.
In order to remove the black heads from the spot you need to follow the procedure described as follows, step by step. This procedure will help you to remove the puss plugs from the pores without scarring your face and making it blemish free again.
- Firstly wash your face and exfoliate it gently but thoroughly. This cleans your skin and gives you a clearer view of the blackhead.
- Then pat your face dry. Remember; never ever rub your face while trying to dry it.
- Then apply a warm compress on your face for the quarter of an hour, this will help the blackhead to soften thus easier to come off.
- Again pat your face to make it dry off the seam from the compress.
- Then apply a little pressure with the tip of your fingers with the help of a tissue around the blackhead and squeeze the blackhead out gently.
- Then apply little bit of pressure to even out that area as it might bulge out a little due to the plug oozing out of the pore.
- Try this with every blackhead without bruising the skin.
Tips about how to get rid of blackheads
Before dealing with therapeutic measures, let us discuss something about acne. Acne or blackheads are the accumulation of oil, dust, and bacteria in the skin pores. The dive deep inside the skin and appear as a black spots. There are several ways of getting rid acne or blackheads. These blackheads treatments would kill bacteria deep inside the pores leaving your skin glowing, and healthy.
Check out few tips regarding how to get rid of blackheads:
- The major cause of blackheads is dirt and oil, which deposits in the skin pores. Certainly, you can wash your face twice daily with a mild cleanser and Luke warm water. Beside this, you can wash your face whenever you feel a little sticky or oily.
- People developing blackheads are restricted to use make-up on skin. Generally, the chemicals deposit on skin makes the condition worse.
- Dump all your soap bars and moistures in the dustbin. These thing make either make your skin dry or too oily, and may give critical setbacks to your skin.
- Try maintaining healthy habits. Use the separate towel to clean and wipe your face. Always use the separate towel for your face and body.
- Avoid eating fried or oily food. Switch to healthy foods like carrots, fruits, and vegetable, which are free from oil and starch.
- Your surroundings need to be clean. Change your pillowcase frequently because a dirty pillow can attack yours skin directly.
- One of most popular remedies is to take a hot steam on your face. This is an effective treatment on your skin, since it stretches the skin pores, besides this it make your skin softer and easy to clean. It also removes the excessive oil from the skin.
- Never try creamy stuff in diet as well as on skin. It reduces the chances of getting rid of blackheads.
- Even if you do not have blackheads, it is recommended to take care of your skin regularly. Any slackly, attitude to this habit may attract dirt and affect your skin eventually.
- Using garlic massage will be a great idea. Wash your face regularly whenever you return from outside, beside this use the garlic massage. This will help you to get rid of blackheads faster than any other remedies. Moreover, it does not leave any side effects and you can use as much as you want.
- There are some of the natural remedies, for instance you can apply juices of cucumber, lemon as well as honey. These natural ingredients can be slow treatment, but gives a long-term relief.
However, the following are the remedial tips, are generic solutions to all kinds of blackheads. Few people can have easier recovery, while other may have to seek help from the medical practitioner. Before taking decisions about the skin, you should take advice of the dermatologist. The will help you to get rid of blackheads easily without any side effects. You need to take medicines and other supplementary aids, if the case is extremely critical.