Combination type of skin is one of the most common types of epidermis among middle aged women. It is often met among teenagers (80%), young women of 18-25 years old (40%), and those who stepped over the age of 25 (10%). Such skin type gives certain problems which still can be solved.
Taking care for combination type of facial skin has a lot of peculiarities, which the owners of such skin should be aware of. But first of all, you should figure out if this type of skin really combines other skin types.
Combination type of facial skin usually belongs to women who are below 25 years old, and then it turns either to normal or dry one. However features of this type of skin can be also traced in middle age as well:
- T-zone ( forehead, nose and chin) is often covered with oily, greasy cover up, blackheads, pimples and other irritations, accompanied with widen pores;
- The cheeks however stay dry at this time (and quite often get covered with red, exfoliating spots, while the pores stay narrow) or they stay normal, meaning there is no acne or any other issues on the cheeks;
- If you apply a cosmetic napkin over the nose and forehead, you will see oily and greasy spots; but if you wipe your cheeks, there will be almost nothing seen.
Such an uneven allocation of oil discharge creates a lot of problems. That’s why taking care of combination facial skin at home is not so easy, as it may seem in the very beginning. Every area of the face should be provided with certain conditions for a normal, stable work of oil-glands. T-zone should receive beauty products with drying effect, while cheeks should be always moisturized. Is it even possible, you ask?
Rules of care
Incorrect and irregular care for combination type of facial skin can lead to T-zone clogging and irritation or cheeks overdrying. Care for such type of skin includes the following next simple but compulsory rules.
- In summer, you should take care of combination type of skin as if it is an oily one. Use washing gel twice per day. Twice per week use scrubs. And as for the daily care use drying and anti-inflammatory creams and gels.
- In winter caring process determines totally opposite actions: you should use moisturizing products. Cleanse your face carefully with beauty milk on daily basis, use scrubs twice a month (gommage scrub would be even better), and use protecting creams containing animal fats, vegetable oil, wax half an hour before going outside, and apply a nourishing cream every day in the evening.
- In order to cleanse such type of epidermis, you should use scrubs only on those areas which tend to be oily: forehand, nose and chin – you can do such treatments once or twice a week. Cheeks are better to be cleansed with gommage scrubs once in two weeks. If it is not convenient for you to use different kinds of exfoliation products, you can adjust and choose certain recipes, which perfectly combine components for different types of skin, so is it going to be suitable for the combination type of skin.
- It is important to use toning products on daily basis, which possess moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties at the same time.
- All the products for combination type of facial skin shouldn’t have liquid texture. Pay attention for those remedies, which have anti-inflammatory herbs in its base, like – purple sage, chamomile, rib grass and so on. Such creams perfectly stop the development of inflammation processes in T-zone. The creams with the following oils : she butter tree, beniseed, macadamia, cuckoo flower would be the best choice for such type of skin. As for the mineral oils, they on the contrary clog the pores and as a result constipate combination type of skin, that’s why it is better to refuse from them when it comes to taking care of such type of skin.
- Every single cream, lotion and tonic for the combination type of facial skin should be chosen according to the age, especially after 40, when rejuvenating effect is also required.
- In order to keep pores clean and avoid the occurrence of new blackheads on nose and forehead areas always use cleaned and filtered water for cleaning and caring for the combination type of skin.
Following these recommendations will help to avoid a lot of problems which usually happen only with combination face skin. Complete and regular care will provide your skin with fresh and beautiful look in any season of the year. Moreover you don’t need to spend tons of money for beauty saloon treatments and brand cosmetic products. Many beauty products for combination face skin can be easily prepared at home.
In order to prepare home made masks, lotions, creams and scrubs for treating combination face skin use the following ingredients:
- tea tree;
- grape-seed oil.
- lime tree;
- wild chamomile;
- madonna lily;
- rye bread;
- various berries;
- date plum;
- curdled dairy products: cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt, curdled milk.
All of these ingredients possess moisturizing and at the same time anti-inflammatory properties, which can’t but positively reflect on the condition of combination face skin. That’s why cosmetologists recommend to use these items during preparation of home made beauty remedies.
It is advisable to use special beauty products for combination face skin both in young and older ages. You may use masks 1-2 per week, scrubs – every single week, creams and lotions – on daily basis.
Combine oatmeal flour (1 tablespoon) with warm milk, semifat one (take the necessary amount in order to get a thick texture, which will be comfortable to apply on the face). The mixture should be massaged into the combination face skin for one minute, paying more attention to the T-zone. Avoid areas around the eyes. You may leave the scrub on your face after massage for another 10 minutes. Rinse off with cool, filtered water.
With the help of this scrub you can easily and fast get rid of the blackheads on the nose and at the same time of exfoliating spots on the cheeks. You may replace regular milk for semifat kefir, or anti-inflammatory herb brews made of rib grass or chamomile.
Cover soft part of the brown bread (20 grams) with sour milk (50 ml) and add baking soda (2 teaspoons), mix thoroughly all the ingredients and apply on the face, massage for few minutes and rinse off with cool water or herb brew made of lime blossom.
- Cottage cheese
Combine non fat cottage cheese ( one tablespoon) with semi fat milk ( Use such amount that will turn the mixture into smooth and rather thick texture). Apply the cottage cheese mask with think layer on your face and leave it to work to 15 minutes. Don’t touch the area around eyes. Wash the mixture off with cold, filtered water. This mask is especially good in summer, after taking sun, as it possesses rejuvenating, protecting properties.
Boil raw potato, mash it and dilute with milk so the texture of the mask is not too watery and doesn’t run down the face. Apply with a thin layer on the combination skin for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cool water.
Lotions and tonic waters
Beat up raw yellow part of an egg with a non fat whipped cream (100 ml), add essential oils 3 drops of bergamot, mint, lemon, alcohol (50 ml) , lemon juice (freshly squeezed from half of the fruit). You may wipe your face skin with cream tonic twice a day, however it is not recommended to store it in the fridge longer than for two days. If you don’t have whipped cream, you may easily replace this ingredient with sour cream. Such a lotion perfectly cleans, nourishes and even lightly whitens combination face skin.
Cover grounded fresh leaves of wild chamomile (4 tablespoons) with 5% grape vinegar, cover tightly with a lid and leave the remedy in a dark place for 7 days. Drain the mixture and press the leftovers through gauze fabric. Add the same amount of water, pour 3 drops of essential oils of lavender and jasmine. Wipe your face twice a day. You may store the remedy in the fridge for two weeks.
Ground fresh leaves of parsley, ashberry, rib grass, dandelions, nettle, madonna lily petals, rose and jasmine. Combine all the ingredients in equal parts (2-3 tablespoons). Squeeze the juice from this green mix. Using a water bath, melt a bee wax (10 gr) in one pot and butter (50 gr). Let it cool down until slightly warm and add any basic cosmetic oil (1 tablespoon). After that pour into the mixture the oily solution of vitamin A (20 drops) and plant’s juice (1 teaspoon). Whisk properly all the ingredients and add 3 drops of such essential oils as rose and ginger.
Mash the following berries as blackberry, cranberry and ashberry. Combine the mixture (2 tablespoons) with butter (the same amount), melted beforehand in water bath along with honey ( 1 teaspoon), raw yellow part of an egg and basic cosmetic oil (1 teaspoon). Keep stirring the mixture and slowly add drop by drop comfort spirit ( 1 tablespoon) and essential oils of ylang-ylang and cranesbill (3 drops each).
Skin can become combination one even in 25, and after 30 or even 45 years old. And in any of the age it will demand an additional, careful treatment, as in some cases it can be even more complicated than oily type of skin. Meanwhile it is important to remember that in order to keep its look perfect you may use not only special cosmetic remedies. You should also have a certain lifestyle- a healthy one: avoid smoking, keep the regime, have a proper sleep and a healthy meals. Without all of these components it is impossible to achieve a complete care for the combination face skin.