There is probably no man or woman out there who has never had any skin issues. And of course skincare is a cut throat business with new brands emerging almost every day. We have lots of flashy advertisement promising to make our skin looking younger, healthier, lighter, plumper and what not. Celebrities have endorsement deals with the cosmetic companies, all magazines are filled up with skincare advertisement, we are bombarded with flashy banners in all cosmetic stores etc etc. Easy to get lost in all the claims and marketing campaigns, but there is a way out of the situation. So how do you find your perfect skincare regime?
The AHA aka alpha-hydroxy acids (Glycolix Elite 10% Moisturizing Cleanser) are extremely popular with dermatologists and their customers for their ability to gently peel and renew the skin, unlike the traditional abrasive exfoliants, acids do not scratch the skin and do not carry the bacteria around making them safe even for the most sensitive or acne-prone skin. You probably have heard about the AHA peels before but the good thing is that you can find over the counter products with the acid concentration of up to 10%.
What Is It?
Glycolix has released a line of products based on the AHA and their skin renewing properties, the products have attracted lots of attention so we have decided to try out the moisturizing cleanser and give you the honest opinion. The manufacturer claims are truly very assertive making it sound like this product is the holy grail of the glowing skin and the fountain of youth for your complexion. Of course there are many luxury high end AHA peelings that claim the same effect and benefits. You would wonder if this mass market product can deliver the same result as the luxury facial cleansers. So what does the advertisement claim?
- 10% glycolic acid gently cleanses, exfoliates and brightens the skin.
- Contains vitamins A, C and E.
- Contains green tea and coenzyme Q10.
- Has a pH of 4.0.
- Has antioxidants o protect your skin from the free-radical damage.
- Helps cure keratosis pilaris.
- Has the highest amounts of AHA, vitamins A and C and Hydroquinone available for sale without the doctor’s prescription.
- Reduces sagging, cures wrinkled, pigmented and acne-prone skin.
- Reduces redness and fine lines.
And you get all these benefits just for using the cleanser twice a day. Now it is time to figure out the truth.
Value for Money
Basically you get a gentle skin exfoliation that accelerates skin regeneration thus gives you vitality and youthful glow. And all this for $ 25.94, you get 6.7 ounces of cleanser, sounds too good to be true doesn’t it? The cleanser is good for the dry, sensitive and normal skin, keratosis pilaris, sensitivity and pigmentation. So you do not have to worry about the irritation or redness, the product is safe enough to use daily in the comfort of your own home.
What we like is that the Glycolix Elite 10% Moisturizing Cleanser does deliver on the promise; it is a liquid cleansing gel in a minimalistic squeeze bottle. Use it carefully as a small amount of product is enough to cover all your face. You can feel the acidic effect once you put it onto your skin and the tube will last for a few months. Use it daily and do not skip cleansing your face to see actual results. If you dedicate a little bit of time to rinsing your face twice a day your skin will react with an even glowing moisturized skin.
There are numerous positive reviews, here are some of the typical comments you can see on the product page:
- My dermatologist recommended Glycolix for daily use and I have been applying their cleanser for quite a few years now. It is really gentle leaving my skin peeled but not dry.
- I use this cleanser twice daily and my skin has never felt better. My skin type is normal to dry but this cleanser does not dry it more.
- A fabulous moisturizing cleanser, my skin has never felt so good.
- I have been dealing with breakouts, acne and black heads for a few years. I cannot believe what this cleaner did to my skin, it is now absolutely clear though the product claims face brightening. I and my friend have been trying different products for some time and this cleanser is one of the few that really made wonders. Now I recommend this cleanser for everyone suffering with acne and breakouts, I love it so much I have also got other products of the same line. So far it is the best skincare for my face.
- Smooth skin….
- Dermatologist recommended this product as a budget cleanser for can prone skin and it is amazing. It gives me clean face with no dryness. I get exfoliation without the after effects. It does not take a lot just a penny sized drop of product goes a long way. I love the way my skin feels after this product.
- Great face wash.
- It removes every last trace of cosmetics on my skin and mind you I love my Dolly Pardon look. With the previous cleansers I had to leather two or three times to get a clean face. It is amazing and lives my skin as soft as my baby’s bottom. First I was a little bit skeptical as I had irritation issues after using other AHA cleansers. But this one cleans well and leaves my skin fresh and soft.
Is It For You?
If you pay attention to the state of your skin and would love to improve it this product is definitely for you. But remember that daily care is important, do not skip on the cleansing and oyu shall see the results soon. It definitely is for you if you look after your money and want to get the best product for less. This cleanser has 10% AHA which is way higher than the hi-end competitors; it also has lots of vitamins and other goodies for your skin.
Give it a go and shortly you will see the wonderful results. Even if you have a dry sensitive skin this peeling cleanser will give you a moisturized radiant and even complexion. In case you still hesitate pay attention to the dozens of reviews or talk to the dermatologist about the benefits of AHA peeling for your skin. Regular exfoliation can solve all your skin issues starting with oily skin and pimples and ending with fine lines, wrinkles and hyper pigmentation.