Vitamin A (which scientific term is retinol) – a natural compound that performs a lot of important biological and chemical functions in the human body.
This vitamin is also called a child vitamin because especially children need this substance the most (daily requirement for this vitamin for kids is about 400-1000 mcg). However, people of all ages do really need it (the recommended consuming standards are 800-1000 mcg for adults and 1000-1200 for pregnant women). Retinol can be actively used even for cosmetic purposes. Strongly marked anti-inflammatory properties of this material allow applying vitamin A for face against various kinds of rashes, including teenage pimples and acne in pregnant women and many more different skin problems or even ailments. Useful for skin care of any kind, and above all – a damaged one, retinol is pretty popular in cosmetology and is a component of various masks. They can easily be made at home.
Positive effect on the skin
Elimination of different sized focuses of inflammation – is not the only feature available for retinol. In case of using vitamin A for the skin regularly and competently it can help in the shortest possible time to get rid of great number of problems associated with the appearance and generating a lot of unnecessary complexes. Its almost magical effect transforms the skin even after the very first vitamin mask procedure:
- Pimples, acne, black spots and white-heads disappear;
- Wrinkles become less visible because retinol has also an anti-aging effect;
- Complexion becomes more fresh and healthy: natural blush appears on the cheeks;
- Rosacea diminishes;
- Total number of pigmented spots on the skin decreases;
- Skin relief smoothes out and skin tone becomes better;
- Dry skin becomes more moistened and elastic.
Such a multiple effect can be expected from masks prepared basically on retinol essence. But you should not forget that you are dealing primarily with pharmaceutical products. Therefore, the use of vitamin A at home for your face ought to be extremely careful and well-dozed. The composition of retinol you use does not matter, because the pharmacy offers several options of vitamin A.
Where you can find vitamin A
If you come to the pharmacy and ask for retinol, the pharmacist would definitely ask you about the composition you need. As a cosmetic product it is useful in almost all types of this vitamin, which is called “retinol acetate” in medical and cosmetic spheres. Consequently, you can choose any of the offered types:
- Oil solution for internal usage is almost ideal for external application and adding to homemade masks;
- You can use vitamin A in capsules with an oil content that should be pierced to extract the precious liquid; however it is a completely uncomfortable method of preparation because of such difficult operation and not the most convenient way for homemade masks because capsules do not contain very large number of active substances;
- You can also make use of vitamin A for face in ampoules, which are basically intended for intramuscular injection, but practically are very suitable for the preparation of cosmetic masks.
There are cases when it is contraindicated for external usage (if the face has open festering wounds or if there are serious circulatory system diseases or various skin maladies). But do not feel desperate: then, for making household masks, you can use products enriched with this vitamin:
- Berries: guelder rose (kalina), melon;
- Greens: wild garlic, parsley, spinach, fennel, dill, sorrel, spring onions;
- Egg yolks;
- Dairy products: butter, sour cream, cottage cheese, cream, milk;
- Vegetables: cabbage, carrots, pumpkin, sweet pepper, lettuce, broccoli;
- Fruits: apricots, peaches;
- Fish fat, caviar;
- Seaweed and alga.
If you regularly use the mask made of these products, your skin will definitely get vitamin A in sufficient quantities. However, retinol acetate pharmacy will still be more effective and forceful, as it is a concentrated preparation. Concerning this, you should know how to apply the vitamin A for your skin in accordance with the instructions for these products.
Instructions for usage at home
Recommendations how to use vitamin A in cosmetics can help to achieve maximum efficiency of such homemade masks.
- Vitamin liquid (contents of the capsules or ampules, as well as oily solution retinol) first of all should be applied a thin layer on the wrist. This will help you to make a conclusion how your skin is going to react to the external application of this vitamin. If your tissue area (where you have conducted a test) feels fine, is not itching and is not red, you can continue the procedure.
- If you use additional ingredients for vitamin masks, do not heat oil and honey: it can cause a negative effect on beneficial properties of vitamin A.
- To make your skin pores wider take a steam bath with special herbs.
- Then scrub your face well, not to prevent the retinol from penetration deeper into the skin.
- After this vitamin mixture can be put on the face: it is absolutely desirable to be applied along the massage lines, but avoiding proximity to the eyes.
- Time of the relaxation with such mask is from 15 minutes to half of an hour, depending on the state of your health.
- After that it is enough just to rinse off the mask and wash your face with warm water, herbal decoction or milk.
- Apply your usual everyday skin care cream.
- Continue using these vitamin A procedures once a week.
- After about 10-12 procedures of such kind you can take a break for a couple of months according to your skin condition.
It is not recommended to use vitamin A for the face in the raw, because after all it is a concentrated medication and can harm (provoking dry skin or appetite decrease) or even be the cause of some diseases (enlarged liver, hypervitaminosis, blurred vision, infertility and low immunity).
If you just can not get rid of pimples and other lesions on the face, be sure to try a mask, prepared on the basis of retinol, known for its anti-inflammatory properties. At the same time, and choose a few problems with the skin.
- With aloe
Mix a spoon (tablespoon) of the usual face cream with 10 drops of vitamin A oil, a spoon (tea) of fresh aloe juice.
- With olive oil
Mix liquid vitamin A (1 vial) with a spoon (the dining room) olive oil unrefined.
- With dairy products
Mix with cream cheese (a tablespoon), add a vial of retinol.
- With butter
Mix cosmetic oils: almond and burdock (a tablespoon), add the honey in the same amount and the form of retinol in oil (a teaspoon).
- With herbs
Make a decoction of chamomile, dissolve it in a vial of retinol, wash daily 2 times. After a week of spots will be over.
Despite the fact that vitamin A is a pharmaceutical preparation, it is safe for the skin, does not contain any chemical additives and synthetic. Its effectiveness has been repeatedly proven in practice, so it is worth trying the substance as part of the anti-mask, coping with even the most neglected skin rash.